Whilst the core of our work in student accommodation is founded in our advice on University-linked projects, we are also active in the wider market and have experience of working with various private sector clients and investors.
We can bring the benefits of our insight on universities and funder contacts to assist clients with:
- Financial modelling
- Raising funding for development and operational assets
- Deal structuring
- Advice on nominations and approaches to University relationships
Our experience includes:
- Advising Unite on its £227m acquisition of the 3,000 bed Aston Student Village, which remains the largest acquisition of a single student accommodation asset to date in the UK.
- Advising St Modwen on the disposal of its equity investment in a 2,030 bed student accommodation development to UPP for £87.3m
- Advising Ginkgo Tree Investments (a Chinese Sovereign wealth fund) on its acquisition of a 40% stake in University Partnership Programme (UPP), the UK’s largest on-campus student residences operator
- Financial modelling to Uliving on a series of direct let investment projects.