The bioenergy sector is diverse but includes many common themes across different project types.
The sector covers areas such as biomass, anaerobic digestion and biofuels and while the business models and technologies used are different, there are also areas of commonality. When developing or assessing projects, similar risk factors must be considered, including:
- Security and pricing of feedstock;
- Revenue and offtake arrangements;
- Support mechanisms, such as the renewable heat incentive; and
- Technology and operating effectiveness.
QMPF has experience right across this sector, from advising on the development and financing of biomass plants through to the development, financing and sale of anaerobic digestion facilities. We are therefore well placed to advise on areas such as:
- Business case development;
- Financial modelling, investment appraisal and sensitivity analysis;
- Structuring advice, including feedstock contracts;
- Fundraising for projects; and
- The sale and purchase of both development and operational assets.