Access to long-term financing from institutional investors.
The growth of the private placement market in recent years has provided borrowers with access to diversified sources of long-dated capital at low fixed interest rates.
How we can help:
As an independent financial advisor we can help support you throughout the issue process:
- Plan the issue process and timetable
- Manage appointment of a bond arranger/agent and legal counsel
- Market engagement: assist in preparation of investor presentation & for roadshows
- Structure covenants and requirements regarding tranches, maturity & drawdown
- Documentation review (Note Purchase Agreement) & support to reach close
- Analyse offers and benchmark final pricing
In certain circumstances, we may be able to assist an issuer in executing a deal without the need for a separate agent (for the borrower effectively to ‘self-arrange”). We can:
- Facilitate investor market contacts
- Lead investor presentations
- Obtain offers from investors
- Advise on investor selection
This form of debt funding is generally most applicable to ‘investment grade’ infrastructure assets and direct issuance by quasi-public sector borrowers (such as universities, local authorities, housing associations) and high-quality corporates.
We have advised on 15 private placements in the last 5 years raising more than £1bn.