Addressing the provision of heat is an important part of decarbonising the wider energy system.
This is an increasing area of focus for both the public and private sectors, with strong pipeline of projects being developed.
There are many challenges in developing a heat project, which must be overcome to ensure a successful outcome. Additionally, the bespoke nature of such projects means that each one must be considered on its own merits and developed independently. This includes areas such as:
- Heat load and connection evolution;
- Heat pricing;
- Other revenue sources, such as RHI or associated electricity sales; and
- Commercial and delivery model, including sources of finance and ownership structure.
We have worked extensively on projects across the UK from producing outline and detailed business cases, including undertaking detailed financial models, through to supporting authorities through the procurement process.
QMPF can assist in areas such as:
- Business case development;
- Financial modelling, investment appraisal and sensitivity analysis;
- Providing structuring advice;
- Procurement support;
- Fundraising for projects;
- Interacting with other stakeholders, such as the UK Government’s HNIP programme or Scottish Government’s LCITP programme