Steven joined QMPF in June 2021, following qualification as a Chartered Accountant at PwC, where he specialised in the asset and wealth management sector. He has had exposure across the core sectors QMPF specialises including:
- supporting the provision of financial advice to multiple Universities undertaking, and financially closing, student accommodation ‘Design, Build, Finance and Operate’ transactions
- advising a University in financing its transition to net-zero, from an initial capital structure analysis through to a successful fundraising via debut private placement, which was delivered under a green financing framework,
- assisting in the completion of business cases for a district heating network and solar PV installation, including financial modelling, sensitivity analysis and report drafting
- constructing a tailored financial model for a retirement living enterprise, to assist in the evaluation of pipeline developments, and presenting the model’s functionality to a prospective senior funder
- assisting the QMPF team in the financial advice and modelling support provided to facilitate competitive bids into the ‘Contracts for Difference’ regime, to attain revenue support for several onshore wind projects.
Steven graduated with an MA (1st Class Hons) in Economics from University of Glasgow.