Graduate Analyst Vacancy
We are recruiting a Graduate Analyst to join our advisory team. You will have the opportunity to gain direct experience on projects across all active sectors, develop core corporate finance skills, be provided with extensive training and a path for longer term progression within the business. You will also be encouraged and supported to take the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams as part of your training.
The role will include responsibility for research across all active sectors and markets, preparation of client presentations, financial modelling, general analytical support and assistance with generating new business opportunities. As well as supporting the wider team, as an Analyst you will sit within project specific teams where you will be a key member providing direct analytical support to senior team members. This gives you an opportunity to learn directly from experienced leaders in the industry, at Partner and Director level, as well as allowing you to develop your own client relationships and expand your network.
As a recent graduate, QMPF will provide you with the support and training to develop key skills as you start your career in finance, including:
- You will have a dedicated mentor to support you during your training and development.
- Training sessions provided introducing you to each sector.
- Financial modelling skills will be developed through in-house training from our modelling experts and supported by attendance at external workshops.
- Support as you seek to gain the CFA professional qualification, including access to additional support materials, online study courses and study leave.
- Opportunities to attend company soft skills training sessions.
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and networking event.
We offer a competitive salary package, funded professional qualification through the CFA programme and an annual performance-related bonus. This post will be based in Edinburgh with occasional travel required.
We are seeking a talented and determined individual with an ambition to develop a career in finance. You should have an eagerness to learn, and flexibility to manage a varied and changing workload across a range of sectors. We would prefer a numerate candidate with an economics, finance, maths, science, or engineering degree (Masters or 1st class Honours preferred, 2:1 minimum).
How to Apply
Should you wish to apply, please submit your CV to Andrew Dougans by 15 April at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter addressing the following questions (1000 word limit):
- Why do you want to work in the financial advisory sector, particularly project finance?
- Why do you think you are suited to the graduate analyst role and what can you bring to this role that other applicants can’t?
- Please provide an example of any work, volunteering or University experience you have had which you think best demonstrates the qualities required to succeed as an analyst at QMPF.
- What personal qualities will you bring to QMPF?