CORPORATE FINANCE – ANALYST (Energy, Education and Real Estate)
In line with the continued growth of our business, we have an opportunity for an Analyst to join our advisory team. The new recruit would work within transaction teams across each of our sectors, provide transaction support including direct client interaction, and have opportunity to develop a long term career with us.
What the role involves:
- Financial analysis – such as review of funding term sheets, ratio analysis, sensitivities/scenario modelling and comparison of investment options.
- Financial modelling – our work often involves detailed financial models, which assess affordability and valuations of long-term investment projects. A desire to develop advanced excel skills is essential.
- General support within project sub-teams, including preparation of transaction documentation and review of bidders’ commercial proposals and financial models.
- Liaison with clients, funders, investors and other advisors.
- Preparing reports and strategic advice for clients: such as options appraisals, business cases, or supporting committee papers.
- Developing technical expertise in our key sectors; including drafting of research notes for internal and external use.
- Preparation of tender documentation, pitches and general support of QMPF’s business development activity.
- Financial market analysis: including use of Bloomberg to price interest rates, hedging and derivative transactions.
- Establishing client relationships and a personal network, to support business development.
- Occasional travel around the UK and Ireland (in normal times), depending on project activity.
You will be educated to degree level (minimum 2:1). You will have around 3-5 years of working experience, and could currently be based in banking, accountancy, real estate, law or a commercial/technical environment. A professional qualification is preferred, but not essential. Similarly, while experience in a directly related field such as corporate or project finance would be an advantage, we welcome a diverse range of candidates, particularly those who could add something to complement our team’s existing skills.
We are also interested in the attributes you would bring to the role, which should include:
- An interest in energy and infrastructure/real estate financing and in developing an advisory career.
- Intellectual capacity, numeracy and an underlying commercial intuition.
- Excellent communication in all forms: written, presentation and interaction with clients.
- Adaptability and a determination to succeed.
What we offer:
- A competitive starting salary (in line with experience) and a generous performance-related bonus system for all employees. There is also potential for employee participation in the profits of the business in the longer term.
- Exposure to live projects, working directly with partners in client-facing engagement from an early stage in your role.
- The opportunity to grow and develop a career in interesting sectors. We have a track record of promotion from within, amongst an experienced and supportive team.
- Excellent support for training and development, providing you can help by taking initiative.
- A varied and flexible working environment, among a small close-knit team. Our day to day working approach is results-driven, while offering personal autonomy. We all work on a variety of different projects.
Should you wish to apply, please submit your CV with covering email/letter by Friday 12th February 2021 to Paula Grieve at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to hold first stage interviews from late February (virtual).
No agencies, thanks.